The first two films that I saw in theaters were: “Hocus Pocus” and “Free Willy” (1993). Fast-forward a cool six years to when my friend’s mom took us to see, “American Pie”. I was in the 5th or 6th grade and it was, easily, the scariest movie-going experience that I’ve ever had. Not because the movie was scary, but because of how angry my Jewish mother got when she found out that I had seen it.
Anyways, when I finally was able to overcome my anxiety of attending sleepovers, my friends and I would binge on movies every weekend and here are my Top 10 most favorite. (from the ’90s)
1) Wayne’s World (1992): The most quotable movie EVER. We are seriously, “Not Worthy”.
2) The Sandlot (1993): DUH.
3) The Mighty Ducks (1992): All of them, really. I still think, “Knuckle-Puck”, is the coolest term of all time.
4) Camp Nowhere (1994): Every kid’s dream…for real. I was beyond down.
5) 3 Ninjas (1992): Pretty much just the 1st one (there’s 3), but mayyybe the 2nd too.
7) Clueless (1995): Growing up in “The Valley”…this movie NAILED IT.
8) Can’t Hardly Wait (1998): Dude, the soundtrack to this movie freakin’ ruled. Lots of Third Eye Blind and Smash Mouth’s cover of “Can’t Get Enough Of You Baby”. SO MUCH YES.
9) Little Giants (1994): This was one of my favorite movies to fall asleep to.
10) Idle Hands (1999): Devon Sawa was my hero. Mainly, because ALL the girls dug him…and all the girls wanted to be, Jessica Alba, and probably still do.
Honorable Mentions: Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead, Blank Check, Sidekicks, Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Any ’90s Sandler Movie, Any ’90s Baseball Movie, Stay Tuned, Surf Ninjas, Independence Day, Drop Dead Fred, The Skulls, Heavyweights, Liar Liar, Son in Law, BASEketball, Austin Powers, Richie Rich, A Night at the Roxbury, Little Rascals, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Addams Family, She’s All That, and Cruel Intentions.
If you made it this far, congrats, that means you’re a ’90s-Nostalgia-Junkie just like THIS GUY.