In anticipation for the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the first 6 episodes of the the Star Wars saga are being released on HD digital for the first time.
The Walt Disney Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., and 20th Century Fox announced that the films plus bonus material will go on sale April 10th at various digital outlets.
“Since the debut of the first film nearly 40 years ago, Star Wars has become a worldwide phenomenon with legions of fans from every generation,” said Alan Bergman, president, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s only fitting that audiences enjoy this legendary saga and its many fascinating behind-the-scenes stories on a wide variety of platforms, and we’re very excited to finally bring all six films to Digital HD for the first time.”
The films will be available individually or in a bundle and each film will include never-before-seen extras and documentaries.
Click here for a list of the available retailers and pre-orders.
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
– Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
– Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
– Legacy content includes “The Beginning”; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
– Conversations: Sounds In Space
– Discoveries From Inside: Costumes Revealed
– Legacy content includes “From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II”; State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and “Films Are Not Released, They Escape”; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
– Conversations: The Star Wars That Almost Was
– Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
– Legacy content includes documentaries “Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III”; The Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
– Conversations: Creating A Universe
– Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
– Legacy content includes “Anatomy Of A Dewback”; Star Wars Launch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
– Conversations: The Lost Interviews
– Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
– Legacy content includes “A Conversation With The Masters” (2010); “Dennis Muren: How Walkers Walk”; “George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back 1979”; and “George Lucas On The Force: 2010”; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
– Conversations: The Effects
– Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
– Legacy content includes “Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi”; “Revenge Of The Jedi Teaser Trailer”; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; “It Began TV Spot”; “Climactic Chapter TV Spot”; plus five deleted scenes.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer