In a valiant attempt to try any and all fast food concoctions that either includes or is fashioned out of snack chips, I once again found myself at Taco Bell. This meal’s target being the new Crunchwrap Sliders.
Crunchwrap Sliders come in three varieties:
- The BLT Crunchwrap Slider is filled with flavorful bacon, crisp lettuce, diced tomatoes, creamy avocado ranch sauce, and crunchy FRITOS chips.
- The Beefy Cheddar Crunchwrap Slider is filled with seasoned beef, warm nacho cheese sauce, cheddar cheese, and crunchy FRITOS chips.
- The Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap Slider is filled with shredded, marinated all-white meat chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and crunchy FRITOS chips.
Taco Bell is currently moderately obsessed with creating items that can be eaten with one hand. You may have seen the Crunchwrap Sliders commercial. It the one where a teen gets his Crunchwrap and due to the handheld qualities of the meal and his parkour skills he is able to get back to his car before getting a ticket. The meter maid just smiles and shakes her head at the teen. Despite the total fiction of the ad – in reality you’d just now have a snack and a free hand to hold the ticket you just got – I was still intrigued.
I purchased the Crunchbox with the Beefy Cheddar Crunchwrap Slider for this particular taste test. The Crunchbox includes one Crunchwrap Slider (BLT, Beffy Cheddar or Spicy Chicken), one Doritos® Locos Taco Supreme (Fiery, Nacho Cheese, or Cool Ranch®), and one crunchy or soft Taco.
In the end, the Crunchwrap was quite tasty but be forewarned the eat it fast as the Fritos will start to get chewy in both the beef and spicy chicken varieties (the bacon ranch one held the crunch longer). I also found that pairing it with the Doritos Locos tacos in the Crunchbox just heightened the fact the those tacos were the real star on the menu for the fast food giant.
That being said, I give the Crunchwrap Slider 3 and 1/2 Coronaries.
3 1/2 Coronaries
Doritos® Locos Taco Supreme
|Dr Pepper 16 oz||200||54g||0g||70mg||0g|
- Burger King Launches The ‘Angriest Whopper’
- McDonald’s Announces All-Day Breakfast Is Coming
- KFC Introduced The Fried Chicken Pizza – The Chizza – In Philippines
- The Fast Foodie: 7-Eleven’s Bacon-Wrapped Big Bite Hot Dog
- The Fast Foodie: Taco Bell Rolls Out Cap’n Crunch Delights
- The Fast Foodie: Pork Chops For Breakfast At Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s?
- The Fast Foodie: Wendy’s Announces Baconator Fries
- DoorDash App Now Has Taco Bell Delivery!
- Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich Launches At Carl’s Jr.
- Insane Guy Decides To Eat Entire White Castle Menu In One Sitting
- KFC Tray Typer Bluetooth Keyboard Lets You Type While Chowing On Fried Chicken
- Genius Chef Creates A Burger Wrapped In French Fries!