Two Bay Area beer makers are going to court over how their brews are labeled.
Petaluma’s Lagunitas Brewing Company is suing Sierra Nevada Brewing Company over the styling of the “IPA” in the company’s “Hop Hunter” beer.
Lagunitas alleges that the label is so similar that it could create confusion among consumers, and possibly harm the company’s reputation.
Lagunitas released a statement Tuesday saying “This is about design. This is about symbols and archetypes and memes.”
- Oakland’s Pacific Coast Brewing Co. Is Closing After 29 Years
- San Francisco’s Iconic Anchor Steam Bought By Japanese Brewer
- Best San Francisco Bay Area Breweries To Take Dad On Father’s Day
- VIDEO: Cold Brew, Hot Shower
- Drink Beer Floats With The Founders Of Humphrey Slocombe Ice Cream In San Francisco
- San Francisco Sells Second Most Expensive Beers In U.S., Study Says