If it seems like The Addition just opened, it’s because it did. The Yoshi’s revamp, which was taken over in July 2014 by the Fillmore Live Entertainment Group, has reported “financial hardships resulting from reduced revenue since the takeover in July.”
Basically, it means that the venue has hit some hard times, and will cease operations immediately. Their last show will be January 14.
Despite loans from the City of San Francisco for the Fillmore Heritage Center totaling in the millions, the venue was unable to recoup a significant amount after renovations to stay afloat.
Those anticipating that un-auto-tuned T-Pain performance will have to pay attention: as of yet, there’s no word on where the show will relocate.
- 15 Things To Do In The Bay Area
- The Addition, Formerly Yoshi’s, To Close Less Than A Year After Opening
- Yoshi’s in San Francisco Gets A Brand New Name
- Yoshi’s SF Will Re-Open As a Totally Different Venue
- Rick Springfield At Yoshi’s San Francisco!
- 15 Things To Do Around The Bay Area (And A Bunch Are Free!)