Earlier in December, the President and the First Lady participated in a little volunteer work for Toys for Tots, where they were asked to sort playthings into barrels meant for “girls” and “boys”.
But rather than following through with typical feminine gender stereotypes (dolls for girls, sports toys for boys for instance), Obama opted to mix it up. After all, girls like to run around just as much as the boys do.
“You know what? I want to make sure some girls play some ball,” he said, putting a basketball into the girl barrel. Next up? A tool kit, also sorted for the girls. Finally, he placed a tee ball game right alongside the two.
“Tee ball. Girls play tee ball, too.”
Check out the video above.
- Obama Embraces The Art Of The Selfie (Seriously) In New Video
- Watch: Obama Isn’t Cool With Gender Stereotypes In Toys For Girls
- President Obama Takes Over Stephen Colbert Segment
- Watch President Obama Spar with Zach Galifianakis on Locally Grown ‘Between Two Ferns’
- Justin Timberlake Rocks The White House, Holds Top Spot On Chart
- Lady Gaga Turned Down Million-Dollar Offer To Play Republican National Convention