In an interview with MTV, Tim Burton has just announced that a sequel to 1988’s cult hit Beetlejuice is underway, with Winona Ryder set to return as Lydia Deetz.
Burton would take on the directorial role, he enthusiastically confirms.
In addition, Burton has also already seen a copy of the script, saying it’s “pretty good.”
“Michael (Keaton), and her … and that character, I just miss it,” Burton said of Ryder. “There’s some freedom about that character that I love.”
As script-writing takes some time, as does coordinating with actors’ schedules, it may be a while before the film comes to fruition, but hey—at least we know we have at least a chance of seeing Keaton in those monochrome stripes in the near future.
- Disney Reveals Mary Poppins “In A Most Delightful Way”
- Watch The New Trailer For ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’
- Disney Releases Trailer For ‘Alice In Wonderland’ Sequel
- Could There Be A ‘Can’t Hardly Wait’ Sequel In The Works? Jennifer Love Hewitt Is Down!
- A ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel Will Premiere In Theaters In 2018
- Paramount Looking To Make Even More ‘Transformers’ Sequels