In Franco’s rendition of the 1984 hit, the actor looks on the verge of tears, squinting his eyes and covering his face with his hands like a veil. He might be the only person in the world who can pull off a sad reading of Madonna’s classic—credit his acting powers for that.
It’s a particularly heartfelt lip-sync and, if it feels a little dizzying, that’s because, if you look closely enough you’ll notice, Franco is performing it from a moving car.
Franco has somewhat of a history of giving musical performances in cars. Last year he performed similar renditions of Selena Gomez‘s “Love You Like a Love Song,” Justin Bieber‘s “Baby” and Diana Ross‘ “I’m Coming Out,” while sitting aside his grandma.
- Madonna Shares Late-Night Cover
- Madonna Makes Stand-Up Comedy Debut with Amy Schumer
- Madonna Imitates Kim Kardashian During ‘Fallon’ Lip Flip
- Camila Cabello Sang ‘Havana’ & Fangirled About Madonna on ‘Fallon’
- New Grammy Museum Celebrates Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift & More
- Madonna Can’t Get FedEx Package Because They Didn’t Believe She’s Madonna