At midnight tonight, Taylor Swift will be turning 25 years old. But that didn’t stop the pop hero from getting a special rendition of “Happy Birthday” sung to her by her own musical hero a day early.
At the 2014 Billboard Women in Music Awards in New York this afternoon, Aretha Franklin sang birthday greetings to the young Swift on a panel that included Jessie J, Charli XCX, Hayley Williams, Ariana Grande and Idina Menzel.
As Billboard noted, Swift earlier accepted her award by making the intentionally unfunny joke, “I turn 25 at midnight tonight, and I fully intend on partying like it’s 1989.”
Ask yourself: if there is a better person to sing for you this side of Marilyn Monroe? We’re guessing not.
- Taylor Swift Has Already Sold Over a Million Copies of ‘Reputation’
- Taylor Swift Shops for Her Own Album, Surprises Fans
- Taylor Swift Takes Fans Behind the Scenes of ‘Delicate’
- Ed Sheeran on Taylor Swift’s ‘Dress’: It Wasn’t Me
- Watch Taylor Swift’s ‘Dolphin Body Roll’ Dance Move
- Taylor Swift Performs Emotional ‘New Year’s Day’ in Surprise ‘Fallon’ Appearance