By Philip Cosores
As we discovered with her contributions to The Great Gatsby and Maleficent, Lana Del Rey‘s music makes use of her classic Hollywood associations and meshes pretty well with a cinematic counterpart.
On the very day that she announced a massive 2015 U.S. tour, LDR has also premiered a portion of her next leap into the soundtracking game, with the title track for the new Tim Burton film Big Eyes.
The song’s opening minute or so gets a lyric video, revealing the song’s high as can be sung verse, well Del Rey asks “Is it me, was I wrong to have trusted you,” possibly giving some insight into the film, as the chorus equates “big eyes” with “big lies.”
- 5 Best Songs on Lana Del Rey’s ‘Lust for Life’
- Lana Del Rey Talks Trump, America and Women’s Rights
- Lana Del Rey Taps Stevie Nicks for New Track: Report
- Lana Del Rey Debuts New Track ‘Lust For Life’ Featuring The Weeknd
- Lana Del Rey Shares Snippet of Track She Wrote After Coachella
- Lana Del Rey Unveils ‘Lust For Life’ Album Cover