Happy Friday Bay Area!
If you’ve been spending your day shopping away, you might not be up to date on this week’s happenings.
Here are all the biggest stories of the week, from a bunch of new movie trailers to unrest in Ferguson (and in Oakland), Thanksgiving and more!
Check them out below.
Holy wow, unless you are one, you can probably not even believe how much coding interns are bringing in every paycheck at tech companies (many of which are in the Bay Area). It’s enough to make you consider going back to school to code. Seriously.
Yikes. The country is torn following the Ferguson decision, and protests are underway everywhere, but particularly in Oakland, where demonstrators are blocking highways, handcuffing themselves to BART, and generally going far out of their way to get people’s attention.
There are a whole lot of fun films coming out in the next year or so. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are going to get in on some dinosaur brawls, Hugh Jackman is unrecognizable as Blackbeard, and the legendary rebel trio of Luke, Leia and Han are back once again. Check out the most recent trailers here.
If you’re in the camp that loves to hit the stores early on Black Friday, the maelstrom of shoppers may not have been such a shock to you, but for some, the craziness is truly something to behold. Some shoppers even stripped down to get some free duds in one Union Square shop. Worth it? Guess they thought so.
San Francisco patrons sometimes seem like a different breed. Some of them cannot stand waiting for their iPhone Safari page to load, but will gladly spend two hours waiting for a good brunch. How good can eggs really be, you know?
- The Buzz: A 1900s Drone In SF, A Barbie Fishing Pole, & A Giant Hazing
- The Buzz: Lenses, Hipster Babies, And Turd Ferguson
- The Buzz: Best Bands In The Bay, #HeidiTrumpsTrump, And Bugs At Burning Man!
- The Buzz: A Waxy Austin Mahone, A Happy Macklemore, And An Impressed Dave Grohl
- The Buzz: 1,000 Italians Rock For Foo, Macklemore Opens Up, And Bacon Gingers Unite!
- The Buzz: Siri Sasses, Caitlyn Speaks, And Channing Lends A Hand