Echosmith seems like the sort of family that we’d like to know.
The four Sierota siblings have been making music for a long time now, and based on their hit song “Cool Kids” it looks like they have a pretty good handle on what they’re doing.
Today, the band stopped in at Alice for a short set and answered a few questions about growing up. “We met right out of the womb,” Sydney Sierota jokes.
They grew up in a musical house, and they’ve been making music together for the last seven years. However, the band’s name doesn’t have anything to do with being blood related. “‘Echosmith’ came from ‘smith’ as being about someone who shapes metals,” Sydney explains. “We’re shaping sounds.”
And they are a tight-knit group. When they mentioned they were from Los Angeles, someone in the studio hollered “Go Dodgers” (boo that guy though, right??). They looked at each other and replied, “We’re not really sports people. Who’s your team again? Didn’t they win? Did they not win?”
Eh, we don’t care if they’re not Giants fans as long as they keep making great music.
Are you a fan? Catch them when they come to San Francisco in late March. Details here.
- Echosmith Announce Sophomore Album ‘Inside A Dream’
- Fifth Harmony & Echosmith Members Team for ‘Time After Time’ Cover
- Alice Has Your BottleRock Napa 2015 Single Day Line Ups … Tickets Go On Sale Wednesday Morning At 10 AM
- Top 14 Quotes from Radio.com’s Video Interviews
- Best Of 2014: Taylor Swift Tops Alice’s Best Albums Of 2014
- Echosmith Tell Alice About Their Name And Growing Up Musical