By Shannon Carlin
Taylor Swift really hearts New York — see “Welcome to New York, which kicks off her latest album, 1989. Now it seems the city has given her the official job of welcoming everyone to the Big Apple.
According to Good Morning America, Swift, who moved to the city this summer, has been named New York City’s new International Welcome Ambassador.
We’re not really sure what this title entails as of now, but it seems that she has already filmed a few commercials that have her giving some helpful tips to non-New Yorkers who come to the city.
“I’m still learning, but I’m so enthusiastic about this city that when I love something, I’m very vocal about it,”Swift told GMA. “New York was a huge landscape for what became this album. It’s affected my life in ways I’m not even aware of fully.”
- Taylor Swift Performs ‘Reputation’ Tracks During Six-Song Set
- Taylor Swift Pens New Poem ‘The Trick to Holding On’
- Taylor Swift Covers TIME’s Person of the Year Issue with Other ‘Silence Breakers’
- Taylor Swift’s Releases Three Photos From New Cover Shoot
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Joins Streaming Services
- Taylor Swift Has Already Sold Over a Million Copies of ‘Reputation’