According to the Mercury News, Yoshi’s just got a makeover.
Say hello to…The Addition.
Announced yesterday, the new chapter of Yoshi’s—er, The Addition—will begin on November 1, with a subsequent celebration on November 21 with Roy Ayers, a legendary jazz composer and vibraphonist. Earlier this year, the Fillmore Live Entertainment Group purchased the venue and began renovating it, promising a fresher music calendar and more accessible food selections.
The name likely comes courtesy of its neighborhood, The Western Addition, next to the Fillmore.
Their new website, www.theaddition.com goes live October 16.
- Historic SF Music Venue Cafe Du Nord To Re-Open This Week As Cocktail Bar And Jazz Club
- All The Fauxchella 2015 Shows You Need To Know About
- UC Theatre, Berkeley’s New Music Venue, Set To Open In Fall 2015
- Help Save SF’s Music Venues And Nightlife By Signing This Petition
- Four Shows You Need To Know About This February
- SF Jazz Improv Musicians To Accompany Pro Gamers Playing Live