SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – A Milpitas woman’s once-a-month habit of buying a lottery ticket paid off in a big way last week as she hit the top scratcher jackpot of $5 million.
Nga Pham began buying the $20 tickets four months ago and was close to breaking even on the experiment before plunking down her money at the Me-Kong Supermarket on Capitol Avenue October 5th. Now she can pay off her house with plenty to spare.
“The first month she won $20, the second month nothing, the third month she won a free ticket and the fourth month she won $5 million,” reports the California Lottery.
Lottery officials say she hasn’t yet planned any extravagant purchases.
“She’s only known she was a millionaire for less than 24 hours, so can you blame her?” asked lottery officials.
Here’s how the $5 million scratcher game works.
- If You Bought A Lotto Ticket In Concord This Week, You Might Be $1 Million Richer
- Insanely Gracious Single Mom With A Disabled Child Won The Powerball Jackpot
- Milpitas Woman Wins $5 Million With 4th Lottery Scratcher Ever Purchased
- Arkansas Woman Ordered To Surrender $1M Lottery Ticket
- Sarah & Vinnie’s “Lottery Freak-Out”
- The Lost 30 Podcast (03.29.2012)