When President Barack Obama stopped by New York’s Apollo Theater last week for a fundraiser, he had a little fun and went a Capella when he saw soul crooner Al Green in the audience. He serenaded the crowd with a few lines from the Reverend’s classic hit “Let’s Stay Together, the internet had some fun, and we thought that would be the end of it.
But to our surprise, he ended up putting a little extra change in Al Green’s pocket. Sales of “Let’s Stay Together” increased by 490%!
Drinks on Al!!!
Green’s track, which was originally released in 1971, sold over 16,000 downloads in the week ending January 22nd, a 490% increase from the previous week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The Prez even showed the Reverend some love by saying, “Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation.”
Maybe Green needs to show Barack a little appreciation now. Take him out to dinner, or at least a nice “Thank You” card… you know, for the effort.
Latest from Radioalice.com >
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Premiere Date For ‘Roseanne’ Reboot Unveiled
- This Weekend On Alice ‘Tis The Season For Science
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Wil Wheaton Wears ‘Star Trek’ Uniform To ‘Star Wars’ Screening
- Sarah And Vinnie’s Full Show Podcast: 12.15.2017
- Sarah And Vinnie’s Lost 30 Podcast: 12.152017
- Dying Man’s Last Wish To See ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Comes True
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Regal Cinemas Launch Cheetos Popcorn Nationwide