Last week was very very exciting in my little Glambert World… I got to hear the new [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adam Lambert[/lastfm]!  (yes, the official one!)   Adam’s record company came in to the station and played it for me in my office… but they are so secretive about it they won’t let me play it on the air yet… they won’t even let me say what it’s called!  I did get permission, though, to send out a tweet (follow me here) saying that I’d heard it.

My twitter page crashed! I sent out ONE tweet with Adam’s name in it and I got so inundated with retweets, favorites, replies with questions, and new follow alerts, that my page couldn’t keep up. Adam’s fans around the world descended on my tiny little page. I had to break it to each of them that the ONLY info I am allowed to share is that I LOVED THE SONG… seriously it’s so good… but that’s the only detail I’m allowed to leak.

So, in honor of us waiting for the official details that we CAN release, let’s look back at my 2009 interview with Adam when he FIRST came through Oakland on the Idols tour. (the most commented-on part, through all of the 30K+ views, happens in the last 30 seconds) ☺

Comments (18)
  1. Barbara says:

Glamberts are so hungry for news of Adams new single. But this is reAlly hilarious. Thanks for the update.

1. Jayn says:

Ha! My pleasure, Barbara… thanks for checking it out ☺

2. AWWW!!! What a sweetie Adam Lambert is!! He is so grounded and last part of the interview, he hugs he and compliments her, so many wonderful qualities to love about Adam.

1. Jayn says:

I couldn’t agree more Dharmi, he was so kind and warm and the hug at the end was the best ☺ Thanks for checking it out! Jayn

3. Anod says:

So… what did Adam smell like? 😉
    Thanks truly for the blast from the past.
    Can’t wait to hear the new music AND
    get more Adam interviews.

1. Jayn says:

I remember for sure he said it was Hermes, but I don’t remember what kind specifically…but he smelled so good ☺ I can’t wait to be able to play the song! Thanks for the note! Jayn

4. SharonS says:

I cannot believe I hadn’t seen this interview before, I thought I’d seen them all. Actually it’s now one of my top 5 interviews ever with Adam. Jayn please please please do another interview with Adam in the future maybe when his new album is released or before if you can arrange it. You are an extremely good interviewer and you can tell as I wanted more when it was over.

1. Jayn says:

Aww Sharon thank you so much! I really appreciate that – especially because I’m such a fan, I really wanted the interview to go well. I’m glad you think it did! Thanks again for your kindness – and yes I will definitely interview him again as soon as I possibly can 😉 Jayn

5. What a DOLL you are Jayn! So at ease and composed talking to Adam with your face a foot from his,AAHHHHH! LOL! I met him too and he IS adorable! And what an AMAZING talent! The “WHOLE PACKAGE” is a term MADE FOR him.Aren’t you glad you had on a perfume he liked? What were you wearing, do you remember? Thanks for the “peek” at his new single…can’t wait!!

1. Jayn says:

Queen thank you so much! You are too kind! Yes I agree is he the absolute best… and yes I’m happy he liked my perfume – that day it was Estee Lauder’s “Pleasures” ☺ Thank you again for the kind words! Jayn

6. joanne says:

Sooo excited to hear Adam’s new single and music!!! That was a great interview you did with him! Thanks for the update on the single. Hope to hear Adam’s new music on Alice often!!

1. Jayn says:

Thank you so much Joanne, I appreciate that! Yes I can’t wait to be able to play the song ☺ Thank you again! Jayn

7. katskreati says:

The reason Adam is huge now…is not just because he is amazingly talented…it is because through all of this he is still humble and a sweetie pie….Thanks for sharing…have not seen this interview…

1. Jayn says:

I totally agree with you – his sincerity and insanely powerful charisma have a ton to do with his staying power beyond Idol. (that and his voice. and I could go on…) So glad you liked the interview, thank you so much! Jayn

8. outonpluto says:

Thanks so much for the article – so funny. And love the video!

9. Maede says:

Thank you so much.you know I’m really sick of waiting for Adam’s single.